Monday, May 12, 2014

Framed.


Work seems to have gotten lost a little these past six weeks. Much frustration in April and May - known in these parts (well, probably just this household) - for how sick I get with the change of seasons. But while work is not getting done in practice it continues to unfold in my head so that at least when the moment arrives I can hit the ground running. Having said that I have done some non demanding stuff like painting frames. The frames are a funny, lucky thing for having got on ebay - 10 for $37.00. I went halves with my friend Julie - an artist whose daughter bought them up from Melbourne. All the good salvage stuff comes from Melbourne. When my own daughter is old enough I plan to position her in Melbourne just as Julie has been clever to do, so that I can easy access these treasures. I am sure she would enjoy it down there. I can't see why not.... 
Anyway the frames were pretty ugly/tacky with their unusual metallic glaze type finnish. Only one was gorgeous enough to keep as is. All the others got the treatment.


Chalk board black - I'm obsessed and have to hold myself back from covering everything I come accross in it. I love the matt finish. And red too, as usual getting a look in. Red and black - will I ever escape your hold on me????






The frames in their original lustre. I don't think this photo quite does justice to their true tackiness.


Sickness or not, I hope to get into the workshop this week (ie dad's garage) and resume some of the core assemblage making. That, my dear blog, will be true progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment