Saturday, December 3, 2011

New Zine.







Here are some illustrations from the zine I'm just finishing up for the last of this years assessment. This has been a photoshop heavy exercise and I feel as though I have really 'skilled up' with my Photoshop this term. Nonetheless I'm two weeks past the deadline with an extension and my pervasive health problems have me literally dragging myself towards the finishing line.
The zine is about the years I spent in my twenties bedridden (love that word - it's just soooooo 19th century) and all the fashion trends I subsequently missed out on. I can't wait to get it to the printers tomorrow and will post more of the finished product when  get I it back. Zines are lot of fun - I recommend them for anyone in need of a bit of self expression. Anyway beter get back to work. Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

6 comments:

  1. At least you weren't bedridden with 'galloping consumption' (very Anne of Green gables/ bronte sisters)- well I hope you weren't..
    cool zine, love the illustrations and jaunty scarves..
    see you at school xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's looking fabulous :) good luck with the deadline and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know much about you, but being bedridden sounds awful. Aim sorry to hear you had such serious health problems. I love this work, my favorite is the third picture. Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Jo! Fabulous work. Hope you're feeling better. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Luna, the illustrations are looking great. I know I have said it before but I do like your drawing style. I hope you are feeling better and good luck with the deadlines. Bedridden sounds a lot better than the reality I am sure. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Luna, your illustrations are just lovely. I hope you are feeling better. I need to go back and read all you posts I feel like I've missed out on a lot.

    ReplyDelete