Monday, July 11, 2011

Love This House.



I have fallen in love with this house currently featured at The Selby. A 1960s bungalow in Auckland, New Zealand belonging to karen inderbitzen-walller and delphine avril planqueel. It makes such a nice change from what serves as my usual interiors eye candy which is often too perfect and over styled -  to the point of wondering if any body actually lives there. Check these pics out and you'll see what I mean - there is no question somebody lives here. I only wish I could go hang out there with the owners, having a cuppa on that old yellow settee in that sun room and then a long leisurely trawl through their nick knacks, book shelves and magazine collection...


Go here to see the lot including the amazing pink kitchen, bed cover made from a vintage girdle collection and a back yard you can see yourself having a picnic in. Happy viewing!








4 comments:

  1. Wow! I see what you mean - so gorgeous and not in any way pretentious. Great find Jo :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the house too - especially the 'lived-in feel' to it, something missing too much in magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drunk barbie doll face down in her drink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvellous pad...can I join you in having a poke about on those book shelves please? Dunkin' Barbie - priceless!

    ReplyDelete