Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blossoms In The Dark Heart Of July.



Earlier this week was one of the bleakest days this place has to offer. Dark, bitterly cold and inhospitable. The best place to be was home and in bed. And I would have stayed there but for the pressing need for groceries and scripts waiting to be filled. So off to the shops it was. And that's where I found these blossoms - incongruously in bloom on this darkest of days. Amazing! I know this row of trees and that they do bloom out of season every year but this early? Just as we make our slide into the coldest most inhospitable month? I had no choice but to get my trusty camera out and exercise my amateur photography skills...

1 comment:

  1. They are so beautiful! Sometimes it is worth going outside, isn't it?! ;) Must add that to my list. Kx

    ReplyDelete