Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brooch Swap Completed - "The Daydreamer".

Well here I have it, finally, my finished effort for the brooch swap - "The Daydreamer"-  so called because I still have the Surrealists on my mind from last terms study and thoughts of the unconscious mind! I hope my Swapee likes it! Mailed right on the deadline, started 3 days before that once I had my essay and other work out of the way. It's the first brooch I've ever made and I really, really enjoyed it - I'd like to make more but I think I need that little bit of pressure to  get things done (unfortunately). She's made out of mostly recycled materials too. There's a couple of process shots below....
I'm off now to have a look at everybody else's efforts. I've resisted until now in case I got intimidated and stressed about not having started!!!


13 comments:

  1. WOW! Jo, she is amazing! What are you on about? You should absolutely make more... This is going to be LOVED :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brooch is gorgeous - I so want one! You should definitely make more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous and flamboyant is this lady?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!

    Lucky me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brooch is amazing. It reminds me of the ones Anna of Able & Game used to do. I'm gonna be all over your blog (in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (You've got your comments set so I can't send a reply email.)

    Here's some of the ones Anna of Able & Game used to do, but she stopped over a year ago:
    http://annalauraart.blogspot.com/2008/08/green-vs-red.html
    She used to sell them in cards with little bios of the 'ladies'. I always wanted one but didn't get one before they went off the market!
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/12658212/felt-badge-jamie
    I might have to try to wheedle one out of you for love or money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant work! can't believe this is your first effort.
    congrats on the feature in bespoke too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - Jo you have been so busy and so fabulously creative. I have been so busy and wish I had more time. Remember that Orange skirt with the doily? Fancy swapping it for a one of your cards?
    email me
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete