Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blue chairs and Floods.




How beautiful are these chairs? The top one is fast becoming my dream chair, possibly replacing this one.
Week four of the school holidays and a fair amount of it spent inside due to the rain. Aastonishingly enough I am coping. Australian Summers are funny things. You pray this one wont bring devastating fires like so many do and instead you get a flood. Shocking to see what is happening in Queensland. How unimaginable to lose everything in such a way. I hope the rain will stop soon , that the waters will recede and these Queenslanders can begin to rebuild their lives. If you would like to make a donation to the relief effort a good site is the official one of the Queensland Government HERE.
Hope you are having a nice and peaceful evening!
X.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. I had no idea, but that is typical American isn't? We tend to look not much further than what is outside our front door. Sad.

    Thanks for all of your support on my blog! I honestly appreciate it.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following the stories and news coverage- so many sad sad stories my heart goes out to everone affected-
    I was crying yesterday as I read about families where rescue workers were forced to leave members of- so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's devastating :( I grew up in southeast Mexico and even when flooding is a fairly common thing, when you loose your things and have to move somewhere else because your home it's all full of mud and water, it's truly devastating. I hope waters retreat soon so people can rebuilt again!

    (PS. LOVE the first chair)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so deeply devastating.
    a great post.
    thank you for your lovely comments on my blog too. makes my day :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete