Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tim Ryan And Gold Lame.





I love gold lame. Pity then that so few opportunities arise in my life to wear it. I'm starting to wonder though if I should just start wearing it regardless. School pick up? For sure. Saturday morning cricket? Why not! Ask not where one  can wear gold lame but where can't one wear it. These are from Tim Ryan's S/S 2011 collection and they side step any connotation I might have for 60's gold lame, Samantha Steven's cocktail wardrobe, and modernise it thoroughly. Great updated silhouettes and really loving it with the pale blues, mauves and shots of graphic black. I hope there's going to be a lot more of this lame going around....

4 comments:

  1. Yes, to wearing gold lame in everyday life, especially on the school run. I found a gold lame Toast top in the charity shop and wear it on the school run, to playgroup etc. I recently started wearing those clothes I would reserve for special occasions more and more in real life, it can brighten up my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I would say no to gold lame. But when it's put together like that .... then it's a hell yeah. Those pieces are stunning. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm think gold lame trakky dacks..
    perfect for the classier school pick up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's just wonderful! Good call and (rather spooky too) - I just today fished out a 1960s gold lame top that my mother threw my way ages ago and thought to myself 'Yes, I'm going to wear that'! Don't care where or when, it will happen :) Kx

    ReplyDelete