Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Orla Kiely's Yellow Velvet Dress



More sixties retro from Orla Kiely that you might already have seen. I LOVE the yellow velvet dress but if you think about it, how easy would it be to wear that colour? Or a thick velvet if you are short? I can imagine myself impulse buying it then getting home, trying it on, looking in the mirror and going "Oh my god, what was I thinking? I look like a chubby extra from the set of To Sir With Love, not in fact like the model dancing away on her own in a wood panelled den." Lucky it's prohibitively priced and I don't know where you'd buy Orla Kiely. Cool party dress nonetheless. Go for it rich, skinny girls...

4 comments:

  1. that would be me then...

    hope your frida night went well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Orla, but you are soooo right on the sizing! I've tried on her clothes (or tried to!) when we were in London and they are indeed made for very skinny girls :0 Kx

    p.s. I've just had a wardrobe clean-out and there's an Orla skirt I'm letting go, if you're interested? Brown jersey with frill in her cutlery pattern. I'll email you a pic if you like? Happy to see it go to an Orla-worshipper :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have awarded you with the Versatile Blogger Award!
    Hop on over to my blog (annasparaply.blogspot.com) to get the details. Hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete