Monday, August 16, 2010

The Principles of Uncertainty

Well the virus still has it's ugly claws into me, not willing to let go yet. Some days I think it might be relenting, others I see it has a while yet to go. So far I've been getting by in surrender mode, study going by the wayside for the time being. I haven't given up though and art, mostly in books (have found the internet a bit overwhelming), continues to inspire and enliven. Scored for myself a second hand copy of "The principles of Uncertainty" by Maira Kalman, "visual columnist from the NY Times", in hardcover for $19.00. Such beautiful and joyful work. Her colours remind me of Matisse. Hope you enjoy this sample of the book and look I forward to reconnecting some time! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Being sick sucks. get better soon. or at least milk it for what it is worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the words as much as the images.

    found new art journalling spot you might like
    http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/balzer_designs/
    see you this afternoon - we have to have morning tea this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. her work is so great, and playful!
    hope you are feeling better soon ~ viruses are no fun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete