Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Cat On The Block.

Poor Cat. It hasn't been the easiest few months for her. Not only did she come to stay with someone who was paranoid about the risks of Kitty Litter on a compromised immune system but she had moved into a neighborhood where a nasty clique of Mean Cats roamed. These Mean Cats started up an intimidation campaign almost immediately. They would approach right up onto our deck as she innocently sunned herself on a deck chair. A warning hiss would bring me to the window where I would bang on the pane to scare these shameless intruders (I swear one was the size of a small lion) away. They gave her no peace. On Monday we noticed something hideous on her back leg. Suspecting she'd been attacked by a small lion we took her to the vet. It turned out out she had been attacked but probably a couple of weeks ago resulting in a hideous abscess. This would require a $380 operation, a shunt inserted and some antibiotics. All things considered I decided that this was not a good place for Poor Cat to convalesce. It was decided Poor Cat would be far more comfortable with original owner Grandma in her cosy unit, cutting short the proposed six month stay. And there she is, beside herself I am told, with comfort. Back to being the House Cat she originally was with her doting carers. Smart Cat. How could something so good come from something so nasty she probably asks herself as she enjoys the civilised life, catching sight of the shunt in her leg. And all it cost was $380 (insert strained smile here)...

6 comments:

  1. at least she has gone to a happier place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. alls well that ends well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, bye bye kitty. I'll miss the funny stories about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like she got exactly what she wanted- well in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the old Vet Bill - where do they get off? Now that the cat's gone and you've got all that extra spare time, you need to put up some more illustrations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Luna

    Having recovered from the extreme trauma of attack by the neighbourhood bully boys, I can now report life has returned to being blissful chez Grandma. Although I do miss a good claw sharpening on a nearby tree - the carpet just isn't up to scratch on that front. I did get let "out" once but "out" just means out in the corridor - hardly a liberation in my view. The other resident human complains about me incessantly. Well, really! I can't exactly clean out my own litter tray or rip the top off the food pouch myself, can I? And can I help it if it's Spring and my fur is moulting? Seriously, some people really do need to understand the role of a cat is simply to be decorative.

    Looking back on the episode in question, I suppose I can at least now appreciate my changed and more favourable circumstances. Life in a retirement village is actually much better than the naysayers make out! I am indeed sitting pretty :)

    From Kitty

    ReplyDelete